Earth–it’s a disaster zone! For thousands of years, Earth has been ravaged by enormous natural disasters with unthinkable destructive forces. From epic earthquakes and fearsome floods to hurricane horrors, mega tsunamis, raging wildfires, and supervolcanoes, our planet and the people who live on it have been devastated by these deadly natural events. But what causes these awesome forces of nature and where in the world are they most likely to occur? Discover the science behind epic natural disasters, the world’s worst-ever disaster events, and the technology that scientists are using to help prevent devastating natural disasters of the future.
Titles in the series:
- The Science Behind Supervolcanoes
- The Science Behind Super Floods
- The Science Behind Epic Earthquakes
- The Science Behind Raging Wildfires
- The Science Behind Mega Tsunamis
- The Science Behind Hurricane Horrors